Privacy Notice for website visitors
What is the purpose of this document?
GasLog Partners LP and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“GasLog”, “GasLog Group”, “we” or “our”) takes your privacy seriously and is committed to protecting your personal information when visiting our website. This privacy notice applies to visitors of our website. This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal data about you when you use our website, in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
This website (www.gaslogmlp.com) is owned and operated by GasLog and the data controller of your personal data is GasLog UK Services Ltd, a company organized under the laws of England with registered office at 81 Kings Road London SW34NX, United Kingdom. This means that GasLog Services UK Ltd is responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data about you. We are required under data protection legislation to notify you of how we collect and use personal data about you as well as other information contained in this privacy notice.
This notice does not form part of any contract to provide services. We may update this notice from time to time.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
It is important that you read this notice, together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them. Please be aware that a separate privacy notice applies to our business customers, suppliers, business partners, stakeholders and/or investors.
Please note that our website and other digital platforms may contain links to third party websites / digital platforms which are provided for your convenience. We are only responsible for the privacy practices and security of our own digital platforms. We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies and procedures of each and every website / digital platform that you visit.
Data protection principles
In compliance with applicable data protection laws, GasLog commits that the personal data we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
- Collected only for valid purposes, clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes;
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes;
- Accurate and kept up to date to the best of our knowledge (you are required to inform us of changes to your personal data to ensure our records are up to date);
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about;
- Kept securely; and
- Shared with third parties only as required and relevant to the purposes we have informed you of. When shared with third parties, we will make reasonable efforts to ensure such third parties comply with GDPR.
The type of information we hold about you
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). There are "special categories" of more sensitive personal data which require a higher level of protection.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, title, company name and position.
- Contact Data includes email address, physical address and telephone numbers.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving alerts from us.
In common with many other website operators, we use standard technology called 'cookies' on our website. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive and they are used to record how you navigate this website on each visit.
How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity and Contact Data by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you contact us or subscribe to our alerts
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data and legal basis for processing
We will only process your personal data when and to the extent that the law allows us to. In broad terms, we use your data for the following purposes:
- To better understand how people use our website to enable us to create better content and more relevant communications;
- Provide you with information you have requested from us;
- To share industry news and information with you; and
- To communicate with you in general.
The above categories of information are necessary (a) for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, define types of customers for our services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy) and (b) to comply with a legal obligation.
If you fail to provide personal data
If you fail to provide certain information when requested, or unprompted when it has changed, we may not be able to fulfill the above purposes.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so and, if required, we will request your consent prior to doing so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where and to the extent this is required or permitted by law.
We may have to share your data with (a) other entities in the GasLog Group, (b) third-party service providers (c) other third parties and (d) authorities, to the extent permitted by law and on a need to know basis.
Which third-parties process my personal data?
The third parties (including contractors and designated agents) which may process some or all of your personal data, as the case may be, are:
- Website maintenance service providers
- Judicial authorities or regulatory bodies
How secure is your information with third-party service providers and other entities in the group?
GasLog requests third-party service providers and other entities in the GasLog Group to assure GasLog that they take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data in line with our policies. GasLog requests its third-party service providers assurance they will not use your personal data for their own purposes but will only process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions and will retain your personal data only as long as required for said purpose in accordance with legal requirements.
Transferring information outside the EU
We may transfer the personal data we collect about you to other entities in the GasLog Group. When there is no adequacy decision by the European Commission in respect of the countries where such entities are established we will only effect such transfers as reasonably required for the purposes outlined in this notice on the basis of appropriate safeguards and/or the derogations under Articles 46 and 49 of GDPR.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Details of these measures may be obtained from the Data Protection Manager.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will we use your information for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the applicable legal requirements and the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
Rights of access, correction, erasure, and restriction
Your rights in connection with personal data
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or, under certain circumstances as provided by law request erasure of your personal data, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal data to another party, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you have subscribed to receive marketing communications, you can unsubscribe here at any time.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Right to withdraw consent
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
Data privacy manager
We have appointed a data privacy manager to oversee compliance with this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal data, please contact the Data Protection Manager at the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Alternatively, you may send your written comments, inquiries or concerns to:
GasLog LNG Services Ltd
69 Akti Mialouli street,
Piraeus 185 37,
Attention: Data Protection Manager
You also have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office at the following address:
Information Commissioner's Office
You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office using their online form: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/
Changes to this privacy notice
We aim to meet high standards and so our policies and procedures are constantly under review. From time to time we may change this privacy notice. Accordingly, we recommend that you check this page periodically in order to review the latest version.